Ladies, so many of you have enjoyed Brig’s at-home workouts, we’re coming at you with another one! But this time we’re going to challenge you to exercise for a FULL MONTH -- so get ready to feel the burn!
With swimsuit season just around the corner, we thought it would be helpful to share the SexyModest 30-Day Abs Challenge one more time for anyone who may have missed it. (Or anyone who wants to do it again!)
And if you’re saying, “Ha! There’s no WAY I can have a shredded six-pack in just 30 days,” hold up for just a second...
Ask yourself this: Does a tighter, more toned, slimmer tummy sound good to you? If so, that ABSolutely can happen in just four weeks. (See what we did there?)
As a former Olympian, you can trust that Brig knows a thing or two about effective fitness routines, but if you need another witness, just ask the experts. According to WebMD, it’s possible to lose 8 lbs of belly flab in one month if you follow a regimented routine and cut down on calories. (As the saying goes, “Abs are made in the kitchen.” Don’t undo all your hard work in a moment of indulgence!)
Whether you’re in it to shed pounds, flatten down, tone up, or just have fun, you’ll definitely feel and see the difference after 30 days.
Ready to get started?
First, we’ll tell you what the challenge consists of, and then we’ll show you how to do each exercise. (You can also check out Brig’s Insta Stories under “Ab challenge” if you want to watch the full video.)
The SexyModest 30-Day Abs Challenge
This is a no-equipment challenge, so you won’t need anything other than your own body weight (and perhaps a bottle of water) to get started. Build up slowly each day and you’ll be amazed at what you can do by Day 30! (Do NOT forget those rest days -- your abs need time to relax.)
Day 1: 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises, 10-second plank
Day 2: 20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, 12-second plank
Day 3: 25 sit-ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15-second plank
Day 4: REST DAY
Day 5: 30 sit-ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20-second plank
Day 6: 35 sit-ups, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25-second plank
Day 7: 40 sit-ups, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises, 30-second plank
Day 8: REST DAY
Day 9: 45 sit-ups, 30 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38-second plank
Day 10: 50 sit-ups, 50 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38-second plank
Day 11: 55 sit-ups, 65 crunches, 33 leg raises, 42-second plank
Day 12: REST DAY
Day 13: 60 sit-ups, 75 crunches, 40 leg raises, 50-second plank
Day 14: 65 sit-ups, 85 crunches, 42 leg raises, 55-second plank
Day 15: 70 sit-ups, 95 crunches, 42 leg raises, 60-second plank
Day 16: REST DAY
Day 17: 75 sit-ups, 100 crunches, 42 leg raises, 65-second plank
Day 18: 80 sit-ups, 110 crunches, 48 leg raises, 70-second plank
Day 19: 85 sit-ups, 120 crunches, 50 leg raises, 75-second plank
Day 20: REST DAY
Day 21: 90 sit-ups, 130 crunches, 52 leg raises, 80-second plank
Day 22: 95 sit-ups, 140 crunches, 55 leg raises, 85-second plank
Day 23: 100 sit-ups, 150 crunches, 58 leg raises, 90-second plank
Day 24: REST DAY
Day 25: 105 sit-ups, 160 crunches, 60 leg raises, 95-second plank
Day 26: 110 sit-ups, 170 crunches, 60 leg raises, 100-second plank
Day 27: 115 sit-ups, 180 crunches, 62 leg raises, 110-second plank
Day 28: REST DAY
Day 29: 120 sit-ups, 190 crunches, 62 leg raises, 115-second plank
Day 30: 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, 120-second plank
How to do each exercise properly
Making your way up to 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, and a 120-second plank is certainly something to be proud of -- but you won’t get there with the wrong technique!
Before you go crazy trying to bust out all of these moves, make sure you take the time to practice doing things the right way. This will help you avoid injuries and give you much better results.
How to do it correctly:
- Lie down with your back flat on the floor and your legs bent.
- Sit ALL the way up (you can use your arms to throw yourself forward if you want).
- Make sure your body breaks the line going forward, as Brig demonstrates in the video and in this picture.
How to crunch without hurting your neck:
- Lie down on the floor in the same position as a sit-up, but this time put your hands behind your head.
- Using only your abs and core, pretend there’s a string attached to the ceiling and pull your upper body up and back down.
- Do NOT pull on your neck. Let your abs do the work.
Planking with the proper form:
- Make sure your hands are directly under your shoulders, not too far in or out. This gives the best support.
- Your feet can be close together or shoulder-width apart.
- Tuck your butt in, engage your core and your legs, and keep a straight diagonal line from your shoulders to your feet.
How to do a leg raise:
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight.
- Put your hands to the side or under your bum if the floor hurts your tailbone.
- Bring your legs straight up and all the way down, but HOVER -- don’t touch the ground.
- Bring your legs straight back up and repeat.
- If you’re new to leg raises, you can go halfway down and back up. Work your way to getting them lower to the ground!
Want more workouts and healthy eating tips? Join the private fitness group!
As we mentioned earlier, you’ll get the most out of your workouts if you’re fueling your body with the proper food.
If you need a little help getting motivated or finding ideas for healthy eating options, join Brigitte’s private fitness group! She’ll share more ideas on workouts, nutrition, and other tips for staying fit and feeling great.
Here’s what you’ll learn when you come on board:
- What food Brig eats
- When she eats (and why)
- Healthy snack ideas
- Information on how the body works
- Workout ideas and tutorials
- What food brands Brig swear by
- How to sustain the lifestyle
And most importantly, you’ll have the help of a supportive community to keep you accountable.
Join the SexyModest fitness group and see what a difference it can make to show your body a little extra TLC. (You’ll thank yourself later!)